ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances
Cisco ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series SSL/IPsec VPN Edition (also known as the Cisco Secure Remote Access solution) enables organizations to gain the connectivity and cost benefits of Internet transport without compromising the integrity of corporate security policies. By converging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and IP Security (IPsec) VPN services with comprehensive threat defense technologies, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers highly customizable network access tailored to the requirements of diverse deployment environments while providing advanced endpoint and network-level security.
The Cisco Secure Remote Access solution offers flexible VPN technologies for any connectivity scenario, with scalability up to 10,000 concurrent users per device. It provides easy-to-manage, full-tunnel network access through SSL, Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS), Ipsec VPN client technologies, advanced clientless SSL VPN capabilities, and network-aware site-to-site VPN connectivity, enabling secure connections across public networks to mobile users, remote sites, contractors, and business partners. Costs associated with VPN deployment and operations are reduced by eliminating ancillary equipment required to scale and secure a VPN.
||Add To Cart
Additional Cisco ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances Product Information
Benefits of a Cisco Secure Remote Access solution include:
- SSL, DTLS, and IPsec-based full network access-Full network access provides network-layer remote-user connectivity to virtually any application or network resource and is often used to extend access to managed computers such as company-owned laptops. Connectivity is available through the automatically downloaded Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, the Cisco IPsec VPN Client, and the Microsoft and Mac OS X Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/IPsec VPN clients. The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client will automatically adapt its tunneling protocol to the most efficient method based on network constraints, and is the first VPN product to use the DTLS protocol to provide an optimized connection for latency-sensitive traffic, such as voice over IP (VoIP) traffic or TCP-based application access. By supporting SSL, DTLS, and IPsec-based remote-access VPN technologies, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series delivers unsurpassed flexibility to meet the needs of the most diverse deployment scenarios.
- Network-aware site-to-site VPNs-Secure, high-speed communications are possible between multiple office locations. Support for quality of service (QoS) and routing across the VPN helps ensure reliable, business-quality delivery of latency-sensitive applications such as voice, video, and terminal services.
- Threat-protected VPN-VPNs are a primary source of malware infiltration into networks. Malware includes worms, viruses, spyware, keyloggers, Trojan horses, and rootkits. The Cisco ASA 5500 Series' depth and breadth of intrusion prevention, antivirus, application-aware firewall, and VPN endpoint security capabilities minimizes the risk that a VPN connection will become a conduit for security threats.
- More cost-effective VPN deployment and operations-Scaling and securing VPNs often requires additional load balancing and security equipment, which increases both equipment and operational costs. The Cisco ASA 5500 Series integrates these functions, delivering an unprecedented level of network and security integration among the VPN products available today. And by offering support for flexible tunneling options on a single platform, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series provides customers with cost-effective alternatives to deploying parallel VPN infrastructures.
- Scalability and resiliency-The Cisco ASA 5500 Series can support up to 10,000 simultaneous user sessions per device, with the ability to scale to tens of thousands of simultaneous user sessions through integrated clustering and load-balancing capabilities. Stateful failover features deliver high-availability services for unsurpassed uptime.
- OpenSSL technology-includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.
Products Related to Cisco ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances
Disclaimer: Information contained on this website is deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed. As such, we neither warrant the accuracy nor accept any liability or responsibility for inaccurate information other than to correct the error(s) in the future. Additionally, all product pictures are for representative purposes only; the actual product shipped may vary.
We are located in Orange, California (Southern California) and strategically located to serve Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Diego Counties.
This page last updated on 5/1/2015 11:28:49 PM