The Quick Check PC600 Verifi er is a professional, quality control toolfor verifying the readability and standards compliance of printed barcodes. It consists of a Windows-based software package, a mousewand or pen wand bar code optical sensing device, and an interfacethat connects to the serial port of an IBM®-compatible desktop or laptopPC.
For printing, receiving, or using bar codes in manufacturing ordistribution applications, the Quick Check PC600 Verifi er provides quickand easy-to-view full ISO/IEC test parameter analysis and traditionalpass/fail parameters. The QCPC600 is manufactured and traceableto NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) standardsdeveloped by the Uniform Code Council (UCC) and AutomaticIdentifi cation Manufacturers (AIM).
Input is provided by either an interchangeable mouse wand or penwand that is compatible with Quick Check 600 or 800 Series DesktopVerifi ers. To accommodate varying label densities, just select theappropriate aperture; in mouse wands choose from 3, 5, 6, 10, and20 mil sizes; in pen wands choose from 5, 6, and 10 mil sizes. Eachunit decodes and verifi es the character format for Code 39, Interleaved2 of 5, EAN/UPC, Codabar, Code 128, Telepen, and UCC/EAN-128.The Quick Check PC600 Verifier delivers information about the criticaloptical characteristics of bar codes including:
- All ISO/IEC bar code print quality parameters
- All traditional bar code print quality parameters
Other Features Include:
- Unrecognized symbols mode to evaluate the hardest to read bar codes
- Fully functional reflectometer mode
- Display and printability of bar/space element histogram with element widthaverages and ranges
- Parsing of UCC/EAN-128 message with application identifi ers described
Because the Quick Check PC600 Verifier operates on your PC, itoffers many advantages not available from standalone units. Bar codequality information is displayed directly on your computer monitor andhard copy output can be produced on any local or network printer.Automatic ISO/IEC symbol grade calculation provides instant barcode quality feedback. Easy-to-follow menus guide the user throughthe entire verifi cation process, providing more detailed results suchas scan refl ectance profiles with highlighted defect, decodability, andminimum edge contrast. Once obtained, test results can even beshared with other Windows applications or stored for later retrieval. TheQuick Check PC600 Verifi er has all the power and fl exibility you needto ensure strict bar code standards compliance.
- Easy Microsoft® Windows® 98, Windows® XP, Windows® 2000, or Windows NT® Set-Up and Operation
- Test all Major Symbologies Against ISO/IEC or Traditional Parameters
- Interchangeable Optical Input Devices
- Test UCC/EAN-128
- Save Files as Data Files and/or ASCII Text Files